Sunday 19 September 2010

12th September - Hot Spa and back to Mos Eisley

We got up and left the hotel at 5am.  It was freezing at the geezers and so after some quick photos and couple of rapid exchanges we were back in the 4x4s heading for the hot spa.  We were the foirst to arrive and the sun was only just coming up.  It was just over -1 but the hot spa was 27 to 22, and so Paul, Julius, Siemen and I were the first to jump in, followed by Andrea.  It was fantastic and I didnt want to get out.
There was a bit of an exchnage over breakfast.  JJ said that he didnt sleep because we were all snoring.  I politely informed him that I wanted to book in next to Le Paz airport tonight for a better night sleep and that left the table sniggering and JJ rather red faced. LOL.  The Norwegians then confirmed that we didnt have issue with each other but JJ was the snoring culprit.  He really isnt impressing as a guide at the mo.

We headed back to Uyuni after breakfast and some of went to watch a local football match.  The local side were giving the opposition a good hiding.  The crowd were really quiet - mind they were probably all depressed iving in Uyuni where the highlight is the train graveyard just outside the town.  OK I negleted to mention that before and there was a lot of fun photos taken there, but not too sure if I would want it on my doorstep.

Off on the local bus to Le Paz tonight.  It was a coach and we manged to get the driver to drift the coach sideways a couple of times.  I closed my eyes, kissed my ass goodbye and started praying after peering out at the road in front as the driver on sand decided to overtake a HGV that looked unstable.

No comments:

Post a Comment