Sunday 19 September 2010

10th September Uyuni to Salt flats

We left Uynui and set off for the salt flats.  It was interesting as we are in 4x4s now and thought it will become obvious soon as to why.  We headed for the locoal vilage to get some cheap goods, such as gloves etc.  Really glad I have a shamagh as it is warm when needed, cool when the weather is hot, stops sunburn, and most importantly I look like a terrorist!!
We headed to the salt flats where we found out that the supply of salt was massive - dur! That there was a massive supply of lithium under the flats and that a lot of countries are pushing for the natural resources.  The guide reckons there might be a war over the resouurces in the future! Perhaps I shouldnt wear the shemagh so much around here.
The accomadation was a hotel made from salt - yes salt.  The floor, walls, tables, everything was salt.  We had a clear night outside so some of us went out and watched the stars.  I saw a shooting star which was the first one I have ever seen.  Andrea was miffed as she was the only one who hadnt.
JJ the guide was snoring so loud that we could hear him down the corridor before I got to the room.  I dont think earplugs will be enough to counter this noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment